Sunday, February 13, 2011

Things That Make Me Smile....

Having almost finally regained my full strength back from the stomach flu I decided to write about things that make my smile. When down and out for a few days, shut out from the world it's easy to start to feel sorry for yourself. I think, more often than not, in life we tend to mostly focus on those things or situations that are not going as planned, panning out the way you thought or we just flat out don't have. I know that I was defiantly sitting in this spot at one point this past week The one thing that pulled me out was a song that I hadn't heard in a really long time, but thanks to iTunes shuffle button got a turn and it made me smile, made my heart smile. Got me to think about all that different things that make me smile and completely changed my mood. So I challenge you to make a list of things that make you smile and have it handy so that when you're having a dark day you can whip out the ol' list and brighten the day! Here is a few of mine...

1. Flowers: particularly Gerber Daisies and Lilies, my two favorites. I understand why people give flowers, because their natural beauty and sweet smells just bring an automatic smile to your face.

2. A really yummy cup of coffee: Nothing tops that morning that you get all to yourself, when you can make a really yummy cup, curl up on the couch with a blanket and read a book while enjoying the deliciousness that is coffee!

3. Laughing babies: especially those with the laugh that comes from the belly. Makes my heart smile, because it is the genuine laughter that hasn't been tainted or harmed by the world. It is the kind of laughter filled with nothing but pure joy and love.


4. One of my favorite songs: This song reminds me of my Grandpa Gill. Every summer we would go visit my grandparents. He would take us to see the Eagle that lived down the lane, to the park to play and I remember dancing with him one summer night to this song. I stood on his feet and he held my hands and I can remember my heart smiling with love.


Two Loves combined! Pink and shoes!


5. Pink: the color conveys tenderness and playfulness and you can't help but smile when you think about the color because it is cheerful and reminds you off all things sweet. Also, happens to be my favorite color.

My list could go one, but remember to let your heart smile at least once a day :)

No comments: