Friday, February 25, 2011

Perfection = Frustration

Frustration has been the name of the game for.....oooooo....... I'd say a week and a half now. You may have noticed due to the lack of blogging. Pretty long time eh?

Having the courage to take myself on is going to be one of, it not the hardest thing i will eve do. The life I want to live is not going to be handed to me. It is going to require some seriously hard work, with a dash of motivation, a wee bit of determination and about 3 helpings of commitment. It is not going to be happen over night. I'm going to fall off the wagon, loose motivation and be UNBELIEVABLY hard on myself.

I have discovered yet another common, nasty phrase running through my head. This one is "Do it perfectly or don't do it all." I do not know, nor do I particularly care where this sentence started or came from, but I'm crystal clear it is serving absolutely no purpose in my life :) I do not give myself the room to make mistakes, to embrace my humanity. Is that not kinda the point in life? Make mistakes and learn from them. Seems a little silly to keep going around in circles. I'm about to turn ## and I'm tired of giving up on myself!  I don't want to waste my time anymore. I meet really great people that say they see this "thing" inside me, but I ignore it. I've been living in my view of myself and it's gotten me where I am today, which is great. I have many things that I am grateful for, but what if it is time to embrace someone else's view of me. Lord knows I can always go back to get mine, pretty certain it isn't going anywhere :)

Read this really great quote today....

"There's a difference between interest and commitment. When you're interested in doing something you do it only when it's convenient. When you're committed to something you accept no excuses, only results."

No comments: