Sunday, January 9, 2011

Obsession: Make-Up

So I happen to have this teeny tiny obsession with make-up. Those that know me joke that if you ever loose me while shopping just look for the closest make-up counter because that is where I will be, or laugh at me that I use MAC stores as geographical landmarks, instead of oh say the Museum or Art Gallery. What can I say, make-up is one of my obsessions so much so that due to my eyeshadow collection I am only allowed to buy 3 eye-shadows this whole year and no palette's. I told this to my bestie while wandering through Sephora and she laughed and said "Good luck pumpkin". Why the obsession?

A small sample of my collection
Growing up coloring was always one of my favorite things to do. Make-up for me is the adult version of coloring except I don't have to stay in the lines. I can be as creative as I wont, play with as many colors as I want, blend colors together to make new colors and then apply those colors to eyes, cheeks, lips and nails. I can spend hours in my bathroom playing and completely loose track of time. The hardest part of my morning routine is deciding what color palette to chose for the day. LOL.

Before




After

















I love that make-up is a way to enhance someone's natural beauty, not cover it up. I love sitting on the bus and looking at someone, find that which makes them unique and then design a make-up look around that. Yes, ok this does get me some odd looks and the occasional stink eye, but I can't help it. Ladies, you have to admit when you put on that really great lipstick or that favorite shade of blush you automatically feel prettier, more beautiful because that shade was chosen for you, because you're unique and it matches you.



Now before any of you ask, yes I have thought about making this a career, but that industry isn't the easiest to get into, but mostly I don't want to loose the joy I get when I get that phone call from a friend asking me if I can do their make-up for their special occasion or event. I love the intimacy/relationship I have with make-up and I'm not willing to risk that.


I love that thanks to the likes of YouTube and blogs it has unleashed this "make-up guru" phenomenon on the internet. If you're looking for a little make-up inspiration here are two AMAZING ladies that have been a huge inspiration to me! 

Until next time my lovlies!


No comments: