Tuesday, March 8, 2011

People Can Be...

Well it is safe to say that I am a little angry at this exact moment in time. I'm not to stoked at the fact that it is anger that has brought me to write this post, but it is what it is I guess.....

People are cruel, this is a fact.

I was on back to back phone calls this morning and when I came out of my office, downstairs to check on me peeps I find one of my girls hiding around a corner on the verge of tears because of a really mean comment a customer made to her. As I walked towards her the tears started flowing and we swiftly moved out of public view and she told me what happened. The first thing I wanted to do was cause bodily harm to this mean and cruel person. It is quite clear that because of their ignorance and low self-esteem they felt the need to take it out on the sweetest, kindest most harmless person, might as well have kicked a small animal, for peeps sake!

Secondly, I log on tonight to read one of my most favouritest blogs to find this sad sad post. Kandee makes some valid points which I would like to briefly mention. Whatever happened to the mantra "if you can't say something nice don't say anything at all" or one of my favourites "treat others as you wish to be treated" Has society really gone so far left field that when someone tries to shine their light on the world the easiest thing to do is cut them down? Kandee shines her light so bright and has impacted more lives that she is probably not even aware of so because of this people try to burn out her light? Because my girl at work loves her job and genuinely loves to help people and a customer was having a bad day they felt it better to burn out her light?

Sharing yourself and letting the world see your light is the greatest gift you can give. Even if you think you don't have a light, you do. Don't let anyone or anything take that away from you. If people try to burn out your light smile, and with love in your heart, flip them the finger and shine your light even brighter!

I look forward to the day that I have the same amount of courage that Kandee has to shine my light that bright and impact the number of lives she has. I have never met Kandee, but I can say that by reading her two blogs on days when my light wasn't shining so bright it made the difference for me. Today I was able to make the difference for my girl at work. You too can make a difference for someone.


"Never let someone else stop your shine....the darker their presence, the more you illuminate on the rest of the world.!" - Honey B.

No comments: