Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Thankful...

Starbucks Valentine's Cup

Eleanor Roosevelt said “If you can live through that [a difficult situation] you can live through anything. You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.”

So this last week has been probably in my top 5 of worst weeks of my life, right below the week I died, because there have been times this week that I have thought death would have probably felt better then moving through some of the disrespect, pain and anger I was feeling. Although I am now coming out the other side I have moments where I can feel my heart sink and the tears well up in my eyes. The love I have felt and kept tucked in the depths of my heart for the last 15 years is now coming to an end. Here is what I am thankful for...

1)      I'm thankful to have experienced that kind of pure love. There are people in this world that have gone through life never allowing themselves to feel love or to experience that level of love and I am thankful and grateful to him that I was granted the gift to experience this kind of love.
2)      I'm thankful to him for having taught me to never settle for anything less than what I deserve. I'm thankful to him for showing me that no matter what, never settle.
3)      I'm thankful for learning this past week that although I have this tendency to want to do things on my own and “tough it out”, it is ok to let friends and family fill your heart with love when it feels broken and empty. I have amazing pillars of strength all around me when I feel like I can't even breathe.

I am learning to my very core that I can, indeed, take anything that comes alone. I’m stronger than I know, more beautiful than I believe and more talented than I can ever imagine. 

No comments: