Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Namaste the F*@k...

Before I get started, I would like to state that I am just as guilty of this as the next person, however, I am making a HUGE conscious effort to shift my thinking. Twice, over the last few of days I’ve had this conversation with different peeps and felt compelled to write about it. I promise not to make it too much of a rant.

As someone that takes on my personal growth, like a hyena takes on hunting baby lions, there is one thing I have become frustrated with. This ideal seems to have developed, that to “manifest” something into existence all you need to do is focus on it. Think positive about it, repeat positive affirmations, create a vision board, stare at it every day and be thankful to the universe for bringing it to you, or as I like to call it…Namaste the f*@k out of that sucker!

Here’s the pitfall that I and so many have fallen victim to. “Well I Namaste’d the f*@k out of that sucker and it didn’t work. “Manifesting” is garbage, doesn’t work.”

People have used that as an excuse, YOU STILL HAVE TO TAKE ACTION. I can Namaste the f*@k out of wanting to lose weight and get healthy, but unless I am actually eating right and exercising and taking actions to move me towards that goal, I can pray for it all I want, won’t help. You want to win/make millions of dollars. You write a big fat cheque to yourself, you great a vision board about wealth, but did you buy a lottery ticket? Did you talk to your boss about a raise?  Did you apply for a higher paying job? You want to meet the man of your dreams. You write out a list of qualities and attributes, perhaps pull a few photos from magazines and post them. However, if you sit at home every night, don’t go out to different places and make an effort to put yourself in situations where said man may be…do you honestly think the take out delivery man is going to be the one?  Have I made my point?

The other key to this, aside from action, is your heart, mind and eyes need to be open. You need to give up all expectation of what it is going to look like. Last time I checked Brad Pitt was with Angelina Jolie, so trying to “manifest” Brad isn’t going to happen.  Jennifer Lopez is still alive and well and requires her body, so trying to “manifest” her body, not going to happen.

Taking action requires moving forward, moving in life is essential to expanding and it is when you begin to expand that, I believe, the universe aligns itself with your desires.

I think I did pretty well with not ranting….

No comments: