Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Obsession: Dancing

So here's the deal....

For as long as I can remember I have loved to shake the booty, do a lil jig, bop up and down, get my groove on, cut a rug.... OK I have run out of dance expressions, moving right along...

I have totally been busted, by a patio full of peeps, dancing  "risky business, tom cruise" style  around my house in my underwear, more than once. I dance around at work and can't begin to tell you how much staff and patrons all laugh and join in! I think it steams from this inability I have to sit still and my other obsession: music (stay tuned for that blog post). Even when I am sitting in a chair, my leg is bouncing or I have this song playing in my head and I am dancing to it. I can't help it, I hear music and I dance. 



I admit that my first love will always be Kevin Costner movies (no this love does not include The Postman, no one can love that movie, sorry Kevin), but I also have this addiction to dance shows (So You Think You Can Dance & Dancing With The Stars) and movies about dancing, yes even the cheesy ones. That list includes CenterStage, Step Up and yes Step Up 2: The Streets, Footloose & Flashdance. The list goes on!  Come on, who doesn't love Dirty Dancing? "No body puts Baby in a corner" classic and then they do this really....well here watch it for yourself! 




Dancing is one of those activities that no matter your mood you can dance it out. I have yet to find a song that I can't dance to. Watching people dance can be a very emotional experience. I know a few times I have been moved to tears while watching a couple dance. Take a look...




Dancing is a great way to express yourself and there are some that are truly gifted in this area. I've taken a couple classes at a dance center here in town and am AMAZED at some of the talent the teachers have. I dance because it feels natural, it feels good and its great exercise. 


So if your happy and you know it.... DANCE. I know I sure do! 


And just because this blog post wouldn't be complete without it....



1 comment:

Carolyn said...

May I just say that that So You Think You Can Dance clip makes me cry EVERYTIME. When you know the story behind it its just so much more emotional.